The Queen Charlotte Heritage Housing Society (QCHHS) and the Queen Charlotte Housing Development Society (QCHDS) are sister societies in Queen Charlotte. They have been providing subsidized and affordable housing in the community since 1982. The mandate of both societies, who share the same Board of Directors, is to provide affordable housing for seniors, people with disabilities and those with low-incomes in the local community.
The Heritage Housing Society owns or operates several properties in Queen Charlotte:
1. Heritage House is a 10 unit independent living building for seniors aged 65
2. Kal Naay, Alder House is a 19 unit supportive living project, owned by the Province and operated by QCHHS under contract.
3. Cedar Place is a 4 unit independent living building.
4. Martin Manor is a 4 unit assisted living facility.
5. Two detached family homes located throughout the Village.
Kal Naay, Alder House